- Francis Urquhart for Grey Poupon?
- The Worst Migraine in L.A.
- Prevent Conceptus Interruptus: How Math Can Improve Your Creativity
- Disruptive Challenger Brands and Names
- We played CBGBs 30 years ago today
- Find the fridge
- The Wire: Season 6, Jimmy and the boys work with the NSA to stop terrorism in Baltimore.
- 3six5 4A's Abercrombie & Fitch Advertising Age Agency Life airline staff Australia Boxing Branding CERN Chinglish Communication Conan O'Brien Conrad Content Content Farms Content Strategy Copywriting Creativity Customer Service Darth Vader Davos Design Dreams Dying E-Prime Experience Focus Groups Food Carts Games Ghettoization Groupon Harley Davidson Hemingway Ian Hunter Jargon Joyce Leadership Lexus Life Literature Logo Love Lucid Marketing Math Migraines Music New Business New Seasons Obama Oprah Parenting Parody PhD Pitch Process PR Puns Science Sears Shopping Bags Spec Work Stanley Fish Starbucks Storytelling Strategy Tactics Targeting Thanksgiving Trader Joe's Twitter Usability Volkswagen Writing
I write ads: traditional, non-traditional, interactive, edutainment, story-based, broadcast, and experiential marketing events.
Sometimes I write about ads and the business of advertising. Sometimes I write about other stuff.
The views expressed here are solely my own and don’t reflect the views of my employers.
Tag Archives: PR
Abercrombie & Fitch is hardly the only clothing brand to not make plus sizes. If A&F CEO Mike Jeffries committed a faux pas, it’s for saying in public what many other executives privately think (whether in similar words or their own definition of cool): … Continue reading
We were nearly at the end of the line at immigration at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston to make a connection. A stopover between Cancun and Portland. To our left, the immigration officer running the line for airline staff-only closed his … Continue reading
The indented text below is from barackobama.com: Obama for America is seeking poster submissions from artists across the country illustrating why we support President Obama’s plan to create jobs now, and why we’ll re-elect him to continue fighting for jobs for … Continue reading
Automotive brands keep a tight grip on their dealers (signage and building designs can only look a certain way), so how did Lexus of Portland get so far out from under the Lexus division at TMS in Torrance. The Lexus … Continue reading
Abercrombie & Fitch released a press statement entitled “Abercrombie & Fitch Propose a Win-Win-Situation,” stating they will pay Michael ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino and other members of the cast of The Jersey Shore to stop wearing A&F clothing. I’ve included it … Continue reading
We worked on everything from edutainment sites that let you create virtual power outages to shopping bags on the SCE (Southern California Edison) account. The shopping bag was a brilliant choice of media on SCE’s part for their CARE (California … Continue reading