- Francis Urquhart for Grey Poupon?
- The Worst Migraine in L.A.
- Prevent Conceptus Interruptus: How Math Can Improve Your Creativity
- Disruptive Challenger Brands and Names
- We played CBGBs 30 years ago today
- Find the fridge
- The Wire: Season 6, Jimmy and the boys work with the NSA to stop terrorism in Baltimore.
- 3six5 4A's Abercrombie & Fitch Advertising Age Agency Life airline staff Australia Boxing Branding CERN Chinglish Communication Conan O'Brien Conrad Content Content Farms Content Strategy Copywriting Creativity Customer Service Darth Vader Davos Design Dreams Dying E-Prime Experience Focus Groups Food Carts Games Ghettoization Groupon Harley Davidson Hemingway Ian Hunter Jargon Joyce Leadership Lexus Life Literature Logo Love Lucid Marketing Math Migraines Music New Business New Seasons Obama Oprah Parenting Parody PhD Pitch Process PR Puns Science Sears Shopping Bags Spec Work Stanley Fish Starbucks Storytelling Strategy Tactics Targeting Thanksgiving Trader Joe's Twitter Usability Volkswagen Writing
I write ads: traditional, non-traditional, interactive, edutainment, story-based, broadcast, and experiential marketing events.
Sometimes I write about ads and the business of advertising. Sometimes I write about other stuff.
The views expressed here are solely my own and don’t reflect the views of my employers.
Tag Archives: Communication
You very well might think that; I could not possibly comment.
I presented this simple deck to a client that had everything it needed to succeed as a challenger brand in its category, except a challenger brand name. Now they’re considering changing it.
Jimmy McNulty and the rest of the detectives are back on the case. This time they’re tracking an Islamist group in Baltimore selling stolen bikes to finance their terrorist activities. Joined by consultant, Edward Snowden, and members of the NSA, they’ve … Continue reading
Co-branding and co-promotions, when done well, can introduce new customers and bring energy and innovation to more established brands. I worked for a few years at an experiential marketing agency that often brought together automotive and like-minded brands in other … Continue reading
Earlier this month I came across what I thought was the most pathetic thing I’ve ever read, but I should have known better. Today I came across this quote from the designer, Neville Brody: An electrician isn’t an opinion former, … Continue reading