- Francis Urquhart for Grey Poupon?
- The Worst Migraine in L.A.
- Prevent Conceptus Interruptus: How Math Can Improve Your Creativity
- Disruptive Challenger Brands and Names
- We played CBGBs 30 years ago today
- Find the fridge
- The Wire: Season 6, Jimmy and the boys work with the NSA to stop terrorism in Baltimore.
- 3six5 4A's Abercrombie & Fitch Advertising Age Agency Life airline staff Australia Boxing Branding CERN Chinglish Communication Conan O'Brien Conrad Content Content Farms Content Strategy Copywriting Creativity Customer Service Darth Vader Davos Design Dreams Dying E-Prime Experience Focus Groups Food Carts Games Ghettoization Groupon Harley Davidson Hemingway Ian Hunter Jargon Joyce Leadership Lexus Life Literature Logo Love Lucid Marketing Math Migraines Music New Business New Seasons Obama Oprah Parenting Parody PhD Pitch Process PR Puns Science Sears Shopping Bags Spec Work Stanley Fish Starbucks Storytelling Strategy Tactics Targeting Thanksgiving Trader Joe's Twitter Usability Volkswagen Writing
I write ads: traditional, non-traditional, interactive, edutainment, story-based, broadcast, and experiential marketing events.
Sometimes I write about ads and the business of advertising. Sometimes I write about other stuff.
The views expressed here are solely my own and don’t reflect the views of my employers.
Category Archives: Advertising
You very well might think that; I could not possibly comment.
This presentation is based on a post I wrote in 2010.
I presented this simple deck to a client that had everything it needed to succeed as a challenger brand in its category, except a challenger brand name. Now they’re considering changing it.
Co-branding and co-promotions, when done well, can introduce new customers and bring energy and innovation to more established brands. I worked for a few years at an experiential marketing agency that often brought together automotive and like-minded brands in other … Continue reading
Challenge: ’70s southern rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, needs to recruit a new generation of listeners while attracting older fans. Solution: Groupon ticket sales during their 2013 tour for almost half price. Results (fantasy): People will sample Lynyrd Skynyrd, as if they’re an ice … Continue reading